I wrote the music for “The Miracle of Tepeyac”. Come and check out this event at the Denver Art Museum…it’s FREE!!
The DAM’s celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe will include performances by Aplausos de Colorado Children’s Chorale, Comparza Morelos, Danza Matachina Guadalupana, and Dancing Across Cultures.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration, December 9
Note: The 11:30 dance performance on Acoma Plaza may be canceled due to bad weather. All Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration activities scheduled for 12 pm and after will go on as planned inside the museum.
- 11:30 am Dance performances (cancelled)
- 12–12:15 pm: Danza Matachina Guadalupana
- 12:30–12:45 pm Comparsa Morelos in Denver (Chinelos)
- 1–1:50pm: El Milagro del Tepeyac—original music by Kenny Passarelli, original choreography by Janelle Ayon, artístic director Dancing Across Cultures. Film and 3D animation by Japanese artist Taketo Kobayashi. Special appearance by children’s dance group Mexico Mixto from Valverde Elementary
- 2–2:30 pm: El Sistema de Colorado
- 2:30–2:45 pm: Aplausos de Colorado Children’s Chorale
- 3 pm: Dancing Across Cultures with guests
- 3:30 pm: Mañanitas with Mariachi music to Our Lady of Guadalupe
In honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe, free tours in Spanish of the New World galleries will be offered at December 9, 16, 23, and 30, and January 6 at 1 pm.
Free with general admission. No reservations needed.
For details, email email@example.com or call 720-913-0072.
Sponsored by DAM’s Latino Outreach Committee, Mexican Cultural Center, and the Consulate General of Mexico.